By Bobby M.
Scanning the news so you don’t have to, so if you missed anything from August 11th – 13th, this recap will catch you up on everything that happened during that period. Not everything will have a hyperlink, so if you would like more information, please highlight and google it.
Obviously the big story for this past weekend was the organization of numerous racists groups in Charlottesville, VA under the banner of “Unite The Right” and all of the violence that happened along with it. The worst of which involved a member of that collection purposely driving his car into counter-protesters. hat led to the next biggest story of the weekend in which Trump showed how much of a weak leader he is yet again with his response of not being able to really speak out against racist believers who rallied around him because they identify with his ‘message’. The motto these groups used was, “Take America Back.” Sound familiar?
(Apologies for being a little late with this due to personal reasons)
The rest of what is listed below may have been harder to hear details about…
- In an effort to bully China to get more involved against North Korea’s nuclear weapon proliferation, Trump announced plans to investigate the country’s trade practices
- Apparently it worked as China told North Korea that they will not back them in any capacity if they further escalate tensions
- But I guess that does not mean things will change on the industrial front because this report states North Korea factories are ‘humming’ with activity for ‘Made in China’ products
- All those leaks that have proven Trump to be a monster that he hates…well, he apparently suspects Steve Bannon of spreading them
- The Russian probe investigators want to interview senior officials of the White House staff
- NAFTA renegotiation plans were announced
- Trump is threatening U.S. military action in Venezuela due to the unrest there
- The shortest tenured White House official Anthony Scaramucci made an appearance on the Sunday TV news circuit
- Major injuries happened to 2 of the biggest stars in the MLB over the weekend involving Nolan Arenado’s hand and Bryce Harper’s knee
- Track and field legend Usain Bolt fell to the ground after pulling his hamstring in the 4×100 relay at the 2017 World Championships. This was to be his final professional event of his career, of which he did not even make it to the finish line
- Post-election violence kills at least 24 in Kenya
- Landslides from heavy rain in India killed at least 100 people
- Severe forest fires are ripping through southern Europe with Portugal getting the worst of it all
- Seven volunteers with the Syrian civil defense rescue service were killed in a shooting by unidentified attackers