By Bobby M.
Scanning the news so you don’t have to, so if you missed anything from July 28th – 30th, this recap will catch you up on everything that happened during that period. Not everything will have a hyperlink, so if you would like more information, please highlight and google it.
Just when you thought the weekend would be all about the fallout from the GOP’s failed attempt to repeal ObamaCare and Reince Priebus leaving the White House, other major stories pushed those to the background. And unfortunately those stories could be the beginning of what everyone feared when Trump was elected, the Apocalypse. North Korea tested another ICBM missile successfully, this time with the capability to hit the U.S. mainland. That action led the Trump calling out China to do more regarding the situation and for the U.S. military to do its own testing with a missile intercept system and flying bombers over South Korea. In other international news, congress sent a bill to the White House regarding sanctions on Russia (and other things) that prompted Putin to announce that the diplomatic staff America keeps there needs to be drastically cut. Let us hope Trump is either impeached or has the poise to keep WW3 from happening.
The rest of what is listed below may have been harder to hear details about…
- Tomi Lahren tries to tell people how horrible ObamaCare is even though she is still listed under her parents insurance because of it as part of a debate against Chelsea Handler
- Senator Jeff Flake from Arizona tries to say that “Republican leaders who do not call out President Trump are complicit” in everything he does. Apparently the man proves he is a hypocrite considering he has never practiced what he preached and voted with everything Trump wanted regarding taking healthcare from people and those horrible cabinet selections
- Along with severe protests and violence, Venezuela held an election to overhaul it’s constitution as part of their government trying to give their president more power
- The TV show ‘Game of Thrones’ had two of their fan favorites meet up in the latest episode
- Al Gore’s sequel to ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ opened up in theaters to discuss recent news regarding climate change
- Major League Baseball had it’s Hall of Fame ceremony for recent inductees: Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines and Ivan Rodriquez
- Speaking of baseball, disgraced New Jersey governor Chris Christie was caught on camera confronting a heckler
- The long running feud between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier came to an end at UFC 214 with Jones victory
- In a speech to the NYPD, Trump encouraged police brutality
- At a convention for computer hackers, members there proved that election machines used in U.S. elections are extremely easy to hack