By Bobby M.
Every Wednesday night, Jason Taylor, better known as @HahnAmerica and the founder of EatPrayVote.org hosts a radio show along with @ChuckNellis and his wife @laweez to discuss the week in politics. They each will give the point of view from a moderate, a conservative, and a liberal. You can catch the most recent episode when you follow this link (as well as its preview) and older podcasts can be found here.
Here are some of the possible topics that I hope they discuss tonight…
- Are we supposed to believe that a man that gave no care regarding the humanitarian crisis going on Syria now cares enough to fight for the people there with missile attacks? It is obvious that Trump used a comment by his daughter, along with various advisers in his ear, that it would be a great way to flip the script politically. Doing so gets the press to discuss other things than his campaign’s Russian connections and other troubles, maybe helps in the approval ratings polls, and could be twisted into a way to directly counter any pro-Russia sentiment given the close ties that country has to Assad
- Another conflict could be on the horizon given things with North Korea. Both countries have a man leading them that want to appear tough; some would say maniacal. Both are making threatening comments to the media about one another, while Trump sends ships into the region. At least China, the only country North Korea may listen to, is helping matters by cutting off imports to coal from them and saying will continue to do so if they keep with their nuclear attack talk
- So Tillerson was in Russia today meeting with the Putin administration. Word on how those talks went has mostly been coy in the media
- Was it a good idea for the democrats to allow the filibuster rules to take a hit over a lost cause in the Gorsuch confirmation to the Supreme Court?
- Apparently Steve Bannon is losing the Trump administration civil war to Jared Kushner. Will he be kicked out for good? Will he decide to turn on Trump and tell all if that happens?
- So Bill O’Reilly is on a supposed pre-scheduled vacation. Pretty good timing considering what is going on with the bad press involving his sexual harassment settlements if scheduled in advance. There is talk it could be a permanent vacation given all of the sponsorship money leaving Fox News
- Tomi Lehran versus Glenn Beck in an accused wrongful termination case involving her view on abortion
- Recent news says that Devin Nunes was incorrect regarding his attempts to cover for Trump’s lie about Obama wiretapping his home. Plus, news came out that Carter Page has been under a FISA investigation since this past summer
- At these same points in their presidencies compared to Trump, Obama and Bush both did not play a single round of golf. Trump has played 17 different times in that time span and cost the taxpayers $20 million dollars on trips to Florida. And he is trying to talk about fiscal responsibility to various government organizations regarding their funding cuts?
These things and many others may be talked about on their show. A preview of the show can be read about here. Tune in and see, or better yet, call in and ask for yourself.