By Randy Deabay
Multiple people have been shot at North Park Elementary school in San Bernardino, California according to ABC News, two adults have died. The school remains on lockdown. In a series of tweets, San Bernardino Police chief Jarrod Burguan said two injured victims have been taken to the hospital, and that North Park Elementary students were transported to Cajon High School. Burguan later corrected that statement, noting that students had been taken to California State University, San Bernardino and that parents should go to Cajon. The shooting of two children in America by a ruthless killer, who has stability problems. It is the time that the security for all schools was increased as though America’s future depends on it because it does.
The current information being given out includes the following information by Yahoo News.
What we know
- Police responded to shooting at North Park Elementary School in San Bernardino, Calif., on Monday morning.
- Two adults were killed and two students were injured in what San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan described as a murder-suicide.
- The shooting occurred inside a classroom at the school, Burguan said.
- One of the deceased adults was a female teacher, according to a spokeswoman for the school district. The shooter, a male adult, had come to visit her at the school.
- The shooting was believed to be the result of a domestic dispute, she said.
- The two injured students were transported to the hospital for treatment. Both were listed in critical condition, police said.
- Students at the school were taken to a nearby high school for safety, the chief said.
- The elementary school will be closed for at least the next two days, officials said.
Student victims in critical conditionAt a press conference Monday afternoon, San Bernardino Police Public Information Officer Mike Madden said that the shooting does appear to be a murder-suicide, with both the shooter, a male, and female teacher succumbing to their injuries. The injured students are in critical condition, Madden said.The suspect had come to the classroom to visit, he said. The weapon he used was a handgun.The wounded children were not targeted, Madden said, but was injured by being in proximity to the incident. The children were unrelated to the adults, he added.The names of the suspect and victims were not released.The school will be closed for at least the next two days, officials said
The question American’s must ask themselves, what is the nation to do to protect the innocent from such atrocities and shootings. For example, the City of San Bernardino has had an increase of forty-one percent, while other cities are mirroring these numbers. According to Everytown for Gun Safety, an organization launched in the wake of 2012’s shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School that lobbies for gun control, the United States has seen over 200 school shootings since 2013. This causes every American to stop and understand the absolute need of a POTUS that is in touch with all Americans, and what his actions do represent. America can no longer wait while more innocent children are injured or worse. There is no service, no casket, no mound of flowers and Teddy Bears that will replace the little child that a Mother and a Father loses when their child is lost to inhumane and reckless shootings placed upon schools that do not enforce gun restrictions properly or allow safety policing with weapons to stop such atrocities.
The following words are not for the America every child is born into, and should never have to be a part of or read: Families impacted by today’s shooting at Northpark Elementary in San Bernardino who victim assistance need please call 909-382-3846. Whether your child was shot or not, it compels all parents to seek guidance not only for their children but for themselves. IT is time for America to stand up for America first, and protect the children from laying lifeless on the ground at a school anywhere in the USA.
**SAN BERNARDINO UPDATE: The gunman has been identified as 53-year-old Cedric Anderson. He was the husband of a teacher killed in today’s attack.JUST IN: 8-year-old student Jonathon Martinez has died due to being hit by gunfire at a school shooting. **