By Bobby M.
Every Wednesday night, Jason Taylor, better known as @HahnAmerica and the founder of EatPrayVote.org hosts a radio show along with @ChuckNellis and his wife @laweez to discuss the week in politics. They each will give the point of view from a moderate, a conservative, and a liberal. You can catch the most recent episode when you follow this link (as well as its preview) and older podcasts can be found here.
Here are some of the possible topics that I hope they discuss tonight…
- Any goodwill for Rep Devin Nunes for reporting that there is no intelligence regarding Trump’s lies of wiretapping is gone considering he acted in a partisan way to reveal classified information that members of the transition team were under investigation and their calls to Trump may have been intercepted. He did all of this just to appease Trump, but remember, no matter if this happened or not, it still does not support the claims that Obama ordered wiretapping of Trump Tower as the lie originally claimed
- Director James Comey gave a report to congress that the FBI has been investigating possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia regarding the country’s purposeful attempt to sway the presidential election. He also claimed no intelligence verifies Trump’s account that Obama order wiretapping
- Neil Gorsuch is going through Supreme Court confirmation hearings and is saying that he will hold no allegiance to who nominated him over his view of the law. Senate democrats are still trying to fight his placement, even though it is an uphill battle
- Trump tried to threaten all GOP congressmen that they will lose re-election unless they vote yes on Paul Ryan’s healthcare bill. But it is not working as the Freedom Caucus is claiming they will vote no
- Ezekiel Emanuel, the chief architect for the Affordable Care Act, is now advising Trump in regards to the potential GOP replacement
- Trump looked like a fool next to Germany’s Angela Merkel
- All personal electronics other than smart phones and medical devices have been banned for carry on when it comes to airline travel to the United States and the United Kingdom for the foreseeable future from numerous countries. Is this a legitimate terrorist concern, or a way to circumvent parts of the attempt Muslim ban that federal judges have been stopping?
- Paul Manafort has been listed as part of a corruption case in the Ukraine and it was documented how he took money to further Putin’s agenda in the past
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is skipping a meeting with NATO to instead visit Russia and speak with Putin
- Did Tillerson actually have a good meeting with China and will it amount to anything when it comes to North Korea, who has caused all kinds of trouble as of late
- Ivanka Trump is now an official adviser with high level clearance regarding classified information. Between that and all the publicity for her clothing line (of which a class action lawsuit was just filed against this) the White House has provided, the Trump’s are changing the definition of nepotism
These things and many others may be talked about on their show. A preview of the show can be read about here. Tune in and see, or better yet, call in and ask for yourself.