By Bobby M.
Every Wednesday night, Jason Taylor, better known as @HahnAmerica and the founder of EatPrayVote.org hosts a radio show along with @ChuckNellis and his wife @laweez to discuss the week in politics. They each will give the point of view from a moderate, a conservative, and a liberal. You can catch the most recent episode when you follow this link and older podcasts can be found here.
Here are some of the possible topics that I hope they discuss tonight…
- Donald Trump has finally admitted that Russia hacked the DNC, but he still refuses to listen to any talk that they did so because they wanted him to win and will not admit it helped changed the outcome of the election. Will he change his tune regarding those beliefs, and will it affect anything he does regarding relations with the country?
- Allegations are coming to light that Russia has compromising info on Trump. Nothing has been confirmed yet and he attacked such as ‘fake news’ while ignoring the fact he enabled ‘fake news’ tremendously the past 2 years
- This attack happened when Trump finally held a press conference which can be broken down further:
- While saying there is a trust that his sons will run, truth is that there is no way he can be fully removed, while he has put into place certain functions to try and cover-up conflicts of interest
- Any money international properties make will be donated back to the US Treasury supposedly, forgetting that there are serious pay for play issues that could arise
- He wants to repeal and replace Obamacare simultaneously and as quickly as possible as if the GOP has some kind of mandate, but still is not giving details on plans to do so
- Meryl Streep went after Donald Trump at the Golden Globes and he attacked back. This led to conservative media attacking her over their belief in ‘liberal privilege’
- Jared Kushner, Trump’s son in law has been named as a senior White House adviser, violating anti-nepotism laws
- Trump keeps saying Mexico will eventually pay for the Wall, while Mexico keeps saying otherwise
- Senate confirmation hearings have kicked off for Trump administrative cabinet selections, with Mitch McConnell trying to plow all the picks through without proper ethics vetting complete
- In those hearings, it seems as if both Sessions and Tillerson are just giving answers they think people want to hear, but will they actually follow through with those beliefs?
- Betsy DeVos, the pick to be Secretary of Education has her confirmation hearing postponed partly due to her finances, but also because there is so much opposition to her selection
- Is it right for senators being able to vote on cabinet selections who gave them money?
- Both Barack and Michelle Obama gave very impassioned farewell addresses
- Mark Zuckerberg may run for office soon?
- Interesting topics in the world of sports involving
- MLB’s Hall of Fame voting is coming up. Thoughts on players associated with performance enhancing drugs being honored there?
- Alabama vs. Clemson was one of the best National Championship games in a while which was a rematch from last years game, but this time had Clemson winning
- NFL playoffs have begun, discuss
These things and many others may be talked about on their show. A preview of the show can be read about here. Tune in and see, or better yet, call in and ask for yourself.